Satin shoes and handbags may be elegant, but they are easily stained by water and other substances. Waterproofing your satin items will prolong their useful lives and make them easier to clean. Waterproofing satin items is a simple, inexpensive process.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Nylon stocking
- Soap and water
- Waterproofing product for leather or suede
Clean satin item to be waterproofed by placing the nylon stocking on your hand and rubbing dirty spots in a circular motion.
If item still has dirty areas, clean thoroughly with soap and water. Allow to dry.
Spray satin item with waterproofing product according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow to dry. Treat item again with waterproofing product and allow to dry. Treat item a third time if desired.
Repeat waterproofing treatment every three to four weeks.
Clean item with soap and water between treatments.
Tips and warnings
- Before waterproofing a satin item for the first time, test some of the waterproofing product on a small inconspicuous area.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for