YouTube is a popular website that hosts user-generated and user-uploaded content. Each user has a "channel" for displaying videos. The user uploads her own videos onto her own channel. It is impossible to upload video content onto someone else's channel without access to her account information. If, however, you do have the other person's account information, you can load videos onto her channel. You might want to do this to help out a user who does not know how to upload her own videos. You might also do it unexpectedly as a practical joke as long as you have permission. Whether to be helpful or humorous, uploading a video to someone else's YouTube channel is a straightforward and quick process.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Video file
Get the user name and password for the account you want to upload the video to.
Navigate your browser to the YouTube website. Check the Resources section for a link.
Click on the "Upload Video" link on the top of the page.
Click on the yellow "Upload Video" button. A pop-up window will open to allow you to select a video file from your hard drive. Select a video file and click the "Open" button. The video will upload to YouTube.
Add a title and description to the video in the appropriate fields. Select a privacy setting for the video. Select "Public" if you wish it to be viewable by all. Select "Private" to keep it viewable only by friends.
Allow the video to finish uploading to the user's account.
Tips and warnings
- Choose a descriptive title with appropriate keywords. For example, don't use a generic title like "Summer Vacation." Be specific, e.g., "Jodi's 2009 Summer Vacation in the Rocky Mountains." This will help others find the video more easily by searching.
- Use only legal means to get the login information for the other user's YouTube account. Do not upload content to someone else's account without prior permission. Only upload content that you or the other user have the rights to. Do not upload content that will embarrass the other user.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for