Audacity is a free digital audio recording application with editing capabilities and is compatible with Windows, MAC OS X and Linux operating systems. With the VST Enabler extension, Audacity is capable of utilising a wide array of plugins to add additional functionality. Auto-Tune, developed by Antares Audio Technologies, is a pitch-correction plugin used to alter vocal tracks in real time. In order to use the Auto-Tune plugin in Audacity, you must install the VST Enabler extension and place the plugin in the appropriate directory.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Download and install the VST Enabler from the official Audacity website. The VST Enabler will automatically choose the proper directory during installation.
Copy or move your Auto-Tune VST plugin into the Audacity plugins directory. The name and location of this directory will depend on your operating system and the location of your Audacity installation. The folder will be named "Plug-Ins," "Plugins" or "VST."
Launch the Audacity application.
Click on "Effects" in the main Audacity tool bar and select the "Antares Audio: Auto-Tune VST" option from the drop-down menu.
Tips and warnings
- If you are having problems locating the plugin directory for Audacity, use your operating system's search feature. Search for "Audacity" and the application's main directory should be included in the search results.
- Audacity is a free editing tool, but the Auto-Tune plugin is not. The plugin can only be obtained directly from Antares, so beware of any websites offering a free version of Auto-Tune.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for