A 550 paracord is a type of strong, durable nylon rope that commonly appears in safety harnesses for adventure sports. You can easily weave three strands of paracord together using the same technique you would use to braid hair. Once you master this technique, you can create fashionable paracord bracelets and lanyards. You can use different coloured paracord strands to make distinctive woven accessories that reflect your individuality and personal style.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Safety pin
- Tape measure
Cut three equal lengths of paracord. Position the paracords so that they all start at the same spot.
Tie the three strands in a single knot approximately 1 inch below the top of the paracords. Open the safety pin clasp. Insert the sharp side of the safety pin through the centre of the knot. Attach the safety pin to the cushion.
Place the cushion on your lap. Separate the three paracord strands so that one sits on the left, one on the right and one in the middle.
Pick up the strand on the left-hand side, and lift it over the middle strand, so that it is now in the centre. Pick up the strand on the right-hand side, and lift it over the middle cord, so that it now sits in the middle.
Repeat this technique until you have woven the desired length of paracord.
Tips and warnings
- You can use a pile of heavy books to temporarily hold down the paracords while you are weaving them.
- Secure the end of the 550 paracord with a safety pin, a single knot or superglue.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for