Greek mythology continues to be a source of inspiration for stories and characters in many types of media. Drawing anime-style Greek gods by using anime techniques can provide a fun twist in conveying such stories. Japanese animation often is characterised by large childlike eyes and angular faces. Start with a rough sketch and gradually add details until your Greek god character comes to life. Achieve an anime look by mimicking the Japanese animation-style, primarily in the facial features of your character.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Draw an oval shape for the head and sketch out a pose for your Greek god with simple guidelines for the arms and legs.
Add a circle shape for the chest and abdomen. Make a long rectangular shape as a guide for the lower part of the gown.
Sketch out the details in the face of your character. Draw large anime-style eyes and add angular, stylised hair.
Finish the limbs by using the guidelines as a basis to complete their shape.
Sketch in wrinkles on the robe. Draw the robe so that it appears to hang loose and blow in the wind for a more majestic feel.
Tips and warnings
- Look at Greek clothing for help sketching the dress of your character.
- Avoid drawing hair as a mass. Try to duplicate how real hair hangs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for