A duck call lanyard, also known as a goose noose, is a rope that is worn around the neck to conveniently hold one or more duck or goose calls. Braiding a lanyard makes it stronger and more durable so that it will last for a longer period of time. Store-bought braided duck call lanyards can be costly, but you can handicraft your very own economical lanyard using just a few simple materials. Making a braided duck call lanyard involves the same technique that is used to braid hair.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cord, 10ft.
Measure and cut three pieces of cord that are 40 inches in length. Line the pieces of cord up so that they all start and finish at the same point.
Insert the pieces of cord into the clamp, and tighten the screw so that the clamp is securely holding them in place. Arrange the three pieces of cord so that one strand is to the right-hand side, one to the left-hand side and one in the middle.
Lift the strand that is on the left-hand side and move it over the middle strand into the middle. Pick up the strand on the right-hand side and place it over the middle strand so that it now lies in the middle. Repeat this technique until the entire length of cord is braided.
Take one of the strands at the bottom of the braid and double knot it around the ends of the cord to hold the braid in place. Remove the braid from the clamp. Take a strand from the top of the cord and tie it in a double knot around the top of the braid. Tie the two ends of the braid together in a double knot.
Cut a piece of string that is 3 inches in length. Insert the string through your duck call or goose call. Tie the string directly onto the braided lanyard. Repeat this process depending on how many whistles you wish to attach to your lanyard. It is now ready to wear.
Tips and warnings
- This tutorial creates a duck call lanyard that will sit comfortably around the neck of an average-sized adult. To create a larger or smaller lanyard, simply adjust the lengths of the three starting pieces of cord in step 1.
- Create a unique lanyard tailored to your personal style by using different colours cords, beads and embellishments when braiding.
- The scissors should only be used under the supervision of responsible adults.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for