Neopets is an online game that takes place in the world of "Neopia." Much of Neopia's virtual economy is based around acquiring rare or powerful items. These items can be divided into two categories: Neopoint and Neocash. Neopoint items can only be bought with Neopoints, which players earn in-game. Likewise, Neocash items can only be purchased with Neocash. Almost the only way to get Neocash is by paying real-world money in exchange for a redeemable code.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Purchase a Neocash card from a local store. A list of locations that sell Neocash cards is available at the "Neocash Mall," as well as in the Reference section of this article (Reference 1). Your card will be activated by the cashier after you pay.
Scratch off the black band at the bottom of your card. A ten-digit code will be revealed (Reference 2).
Log on to Neopets. Hold your mouse above the "NC Mall" button on the uppermost blue toolbar to reveal the drop-down menu. Click on "Redeem Neocash Card." You will be taken to the "Redeem Cards" page.
Scroll down to the middle of the page. You will see a white box with the words "Pin Code" written next to it. Enter the code from the back of your card into this box. Press the "Redeem" button. You're account will be credited Neocash.
Tips and warnings
- Neocash cards are available in £3, £6 and £16 increments. As of May 2011, a £3 card is worth 500 Neocash points, a 10 dollar card is worth 1000 and a 25 dollar card is worth 2650 (Reference 1).
- Neocash cards can also be redeemed at two affiliated websites, Petpet Park and Monkey Quest (Reference 1).
- Neocash cards sometimes award prizes after their codes are redeemed (Reference 3).
- Neocash can also be purchased online with a credit card or via PayPal. These purchases are made directly from the Neopets' website and do not require codes.
- Neocash is completely non-refundable.
- Codes have no value until activated by a cashier and are utterly random.
- Children less than 18 years old must have parental permission before purchasing Neocash (Reference 1).
- Check the back of your card before you buy it to make sure your code has not been tampered with (Reference 3).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for