The Behringer FCB1010 is a full-featured floor-based MIDI foot controller, which was released in 2002. It features 10 banks of 10 presets each; each can be individually programmed to send any MIDI command, including note-on, program change and control change messages from the 14 foot-switches or the two expression pedals. There are also outputs for switching external equipment such as amplifier channels on the rear of the unit, as well as MIDI in and MIDI out/through jacks.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- MIDI cable
- MIDI capable effects processor or sound module
- Instrument and cable
Set the MIDI channel on your external MIDI device to channel one. Verify that the FCB1010 is set to the same channel by pressing and holding the "Down/Escape" switch. Press "Up" to access the MIDI setting menu.
Connect the instrument, amplifier, FCB1010 and MIDI device to be controlled. Turn down the volume on the instrument and external equipment, applying power as needed. Turn on the FCB1010.
Select a preset to edit with the "Direct Select" feature disabled. Use the "Up/Down" switches to select the bank and switches one through 10 to select the preset to edit.
Press "Down" for three seconds to enter the preset programming mode. Use foot-switches one and two to edit the switch status. Press the respective foot-switches for the midi functions to enable or disable by hole the switch down for 2 seconds. Use the "Up/Enter" switch to save the preset. Repeat the procedure as needed for other presets.
Tips and warnings
- Use good quality cables. For advanced functions, refer to the FCB1010 manual.
- If the expression pedals work erratically it is possible the unit was dropped during shipping and an expression pedal reset is required to restore normal functioning. For details on the expression pedal reset procedure, contact Behringer customer service.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for