Ikea stores offer almost everything needed to furnish or decorate a home. Ikea sells furniture for bedrooms, kitchens, offices, living rooms and bathrooms. An Ikea futon may be a good choice for someone who needs seating for a room that can be converted to an occasional sleeping area. The Ikea futon has a padded mattress that also acts as a seat back and cushion when folded up. Learn how to fold down your Ikea futon so you will be prepared the next time you have overnight guests.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Grasp the front edge of the seat cushion.
Rotate the seat cushion upward and slightly past the full, upright vertical position. Note that this will place the seat back in a horizontal position.
Rotate the seat cushion downward to a horizontal position.
Tips and warnings
- The futon can be configured from a flat, horizontal position to a seating position by first grasping and raising the front edge of the seat cushion. Rotate the seat cushion upward until the first click is heard, which is a nearly vertical position. Lower the seat cushion, which will also raise the seat back to a reclining position. To raise the seat back to a more upright seating position, raise the seat cushion to full vertical and lower it.
- Do not attempt to change the configuration of the futon by raising the seat back or damage may occur to the futon mechanism. Always change the configuration by raising the seat cushion at its front edge.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for