The iPad and Google Sync do not support a method to sync your Picasa Web Albums. But do not despair: There is a way to sync your Picasa photos with the tablet computer if you get a paid app from the App Store. The application is called "Web Albums for iPad" and lets you view, upload, download and manage your Picasa albums. Picasa co-founder, Lars Perkins, "wanted a way to enjoy" his pictures on the iPad device. He says, "Web Albums App fits the bill perfectly." As of the time of publication, the App Store had the application listed for sale at £1.90.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Tap the "App Store" icon from the iPad home screen.
Type "Web albums" in the search box at the top. Go to the listing for "Web Albums for iPad," and tap the buy now button. Enter your password to confirm purchase.
Return to the home screen, and tap the newly created icon for "Web Albums" app.
Tap the "Picasa Web Account" option from the "Add Account" screen. Type in your user name and password; then tap the "Test Account Settings" button. Afterward, your Picasa photos should load automatically on the screen.
Tap the album cover you want to sync, which opens and displays all the photos in that album.
Tap the "Arrow" icon, and select the photos you want to download to the iPad. Simply touch the photos with your finger, and a green check mark appears. Select the "Save" button to download to your device.
Tap the "Upload" button, and select the album you want to enter. Select the photos individually with your finger or tap the "Select All" button. Tap the "Upload" to sync to your Picasa online album.
Tips and warnings
- As of the time of publication, the Web Albums for iPad app is the only application that syncs both Picasa and Facebook photos. Other iPad apps in this category make you save each photo individually, one at a time.
- Uploading multiple photos from the iPad to Picasa or Facebook may take several minutes, depending on the speed of your wireless Internet connection. The app will upload photos in the background if you go to a different area of the program or press the "Home" button.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for