Amla, also known as Indian gooseberry, is a fruit rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
A common remedy in alternative medicine, amla juice is used for heart disease, diabetes, dry skin and many other ailments. You can extract juice by blending the fruit and straining the pulp. Mix amla juice with honey or sugar and water to make to taste, and add lime juice to increase the vitamin C content.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 10 Indian gooseberries (amla)
- 1/2 cup water
- Fine mesh strainer/sieve
Wash the amla and allow it to dry. Cut the fruit into pieces and remove the seeds with a sharp knife.
Blend the amla pieces on high speed, adding water if necessary. Make sure the pulp is smoothly blended.
Pour amla pulp through a fine-mesh strainer and press with a spoon to extract maximum juice from the fruit.
Tips and warnings
- Add honey, sugar or lime juice to amla juice before consuming it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for