There's nothing better than snuggling up for a movie at home with a bowl of hot, buttered popcorn. Now you can make movie grade popcorn at home. Hot air popcorn machines take the fuss out of making popcorn as they eliminate the need to stand over a hot stove. There is no burnt popcorn, no scrubbing pots and no unpopped kernels. Adding butter to the popped corn will give it a rich, delicious flavour.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hot-air popcorn popper
- 1/4 cup of kernels for each person
- 1 tbsp of salted butter for each person
- Microwave-proof dish
- Saucepan or oven proof dish
- Stove or toaster oven
Plug in the hot-air popper and fill with 1/4 cup of unpopped kernels for each person. Switch it on and wait for the popcorn to pop. Place the popped popcorn in a bowl.
Melt 1 tbsp of salted butter for each person in the microwave on a high setting. Use a microwave-proof dish. Pour the melted butter over the popcorn and season with salt.
Use a saucepan on the stove or an oven proof dish in your toaster oven to melt the butter before pouring it on the popcorn. Place the pot on a medium heat and stir the butter until melted. You can use the medium dark toast setting on a toaster oven.
Tips and warnings
- Use an oven glove when removing pots or dishes from the microwave, hob or toaster oven.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for