You can make any life-size image into a cardboard cutout at home. Making your own cutout can save you hundreds of dollars. You can use downloadable computer software with any photo or digital image. The images will print on your home printer in several pages. Cardboard cutouts are designed to be the exact size of the actual person used. Cutouts can be used for parties, props or advertisements. The great thing about the software is that you can purchase the software once to make as many images as you would like, and have them ready immediately.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Paint roller, brush or sponge
- Box cutter
Purchase and download the software from the Almost Breathing website. (An e-book is included for assistance in creating the cutouts.)
Input the information needed for the software to work, such as the actual height of the cutout or the printer and paper settings.
Print the image; this will be done in segments using a standard ink jet printer.
Assemble the pages, by lining up the segments, and putting the object/image back together. With the software, the image segments are numbered for easier assembly if needed.
Spread all-purpose glue or spray glue to cover the cardboard backing. For a smooth application, use a foam roller, brush or sponge.
Attach the image segments to the cardboard, matching the lines of each image.
Cut around the image and through the cardboard with the box cutter.
Tips and warnings
- There is a 60 day money back guarantee with this software.
- This software runs on all Windows operating systems. It does not work with Apple computers.
- There will be visible seems, as the image is printed in segments and joined together.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for