Whitening cream is a product that is applied to the skin to make it appear paler and lighter than a person's natural colour. Whitening cream is quite popular among the Asian community, where many people believe that paler skin is attractive and healthy. You can make your own skin whitening compacts and creams by using natural ingredients you can find in your kitchen.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Orange juice and peel
- Lemon juice
- Gram flour
- Milk Cream
Create a naturally bleaching cream or compact to apply to your skin. Mix together equal parts of yoghurt and orange juice and apply the mixture to the skin for 15 minutes. Rinse the cream off thoroughly after use. Other combinations to try include equal parts of cucumber and lemon juice or equal parts honey and lemon juice. Apply these compacts every day for one month, and you should see a drastic change in the colour of your skin tone. Repeat the process once or twice every week after having used the cream a month.
Make a pack cream by laying orange peels out in the sun and waiting for them to dry completely. The drying time will differ depending on the size of the peel, but most peels will take between 2 and 4 days to dry. Once the peels are dry, grind them down into a powder. Combine the powdered orange peels with raw milk to make a paste. Apply the paste to your skin to create a pack that should stick to and dry into your skin. Once dried, wash off the pack with lukewarm water and repeat the process every day for a month.
Create your own cream by mixing two spoonfuls of gram flour, which contains whitening agents, with a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of lemon juice and cream. Apply this paste every day to any patch of skin on the body and scrub off once dried.
Tips and warnings
- The lemon or orange juice in any homemade skin whitening mixture might irritate your skin. If your skin does react to the juice, use more of the yoghurt, cucumber or honey and mix in perhaps only three or four drops of the juice. See your doctor immediately if any skin irritation worsens.
- Orange or lemon juice will also make your skin photosensitive, which means it will tan easily and quickly if exposed to the sun. Ensure you apply a recommended amount of sun protection if exposing your skin on a sunny day.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for