Perky, firm breasts are desired by many women. As you age, your breast tissue loses its firmness and gravity takes its toll resulting in saggy, droopy breasts. Hereditary factors, weight fluctuations, pregnancy and breastfeeding also cause breasts to sag. Because your breasts are made from fatty tissue, toning them similar to how you tone muscle tissue is not possible. Alternative methods to firm and lift your breasts range from surgery to exercises to train the underlying muscles and bra support.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Purchase push-up bras to lift up your breasts and make them appear firmer. Have your bra size measured so you purchase the correct size and get sufficient support. Push-up bras can give you a subtle cleavage lift, a moderate lift or an extreme lift. Replace your bra every six to nine months to assure sufficient support.
Exercise your pectoral muscles. By strengthening the pectoral muscles, which are situated underneath your breast tissue, you create a strong foundation for your breasts which will lift them and makes them appear fuller. Perform exercises with weights such as the dumbbell chest fly and dumbbell bench press or perform modified push-ups. Come down on your hands and knees. Lower your hips to the floor to form a straight line with your upper body. Bend your elbows and lower your upper body toward the floor. Avoid bending your elbows more than 90 degrees. Push yourself back up to the starting position. Perform two sets of 12 repetitions each.
Push your palms together in front of your chest with your fingers facing upward. Hold the pressure for five seconds before releasing. By releasing and tensing the chest, you firm the chest muscles underneath your breasts resulting in lifted breasts. Perform 10 repetitions.
Give yourself a daily breast massage or visit a beauty salon that gives breast massages. Breast massages improve the texture of your breast tissue and tones your breasts. Take a shower so your skin is supple and easy to massage. Apply massage lotion to your breasts and massage in a circular motion working from the centre of your breast toward your armpit. Use kneading motions and swish your breasts from left to right. Avoid rough handling because this may be painful.
Undergo breast lift surgery. During breast lift surgery excess tissue is removed and the breast tissue is tightened so your breasts appear firm and lifted. If saggy breasts lack volume, the surgery can be combined with breast implantation.
Tips and warnings
- Watch your posture. Walking or sitting while slumping or slouching makes your breasts appear saggy. Stand and sit up straight with your shoulders rolled back, chest outward and abdominal muscles slightly pulled in.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Breast Lift Surgery
- Linda The Bra Lady: Bras For Sagging Breasts
- WebMD: Chest Exercises to Help Tone and More; Barbara Russi Sarnataro
- PRLog: How To Naturally Firm Breasts - Three Exercises To Get Firm Breasts; Feb. 2011
- Naturalbreastguide.com: Breast Massage For Breast Enhancement