How Do I Transfer My Music From My Old iPod to My New iPod?

Written by david weedmark | 13/05/2017

Moving music from an old iPod to a new one is easy to do using iTunes, without the need of any additional software. Each time you connect your iPod to your computer, iTunes automatically syncs the songs on your iPod to iTunes. This means that a copy of each song remains stored on your computer hard drive, and you can then copy it to your new iPod through iTunes. Depending on the number of songs you have on your iPod, the process should only take a few minutes to complete.

Connect your old iPod to your computer with its iPod cable. Wait for iTunes to open and sync with the iPod. All the music on your iPod will be in iTunes and copied to your computer's hard drive.

Click the eject button beside your iPod under "Devices" in iTunes. Then unplug your old iPod from the computer.

Connect your new iPod to your computer.

Click on your new iPod listing in the "Devices" section in iTunes.

Click on the "Summary" tab at the top of the main section of the iTunes window. Click on "Manually manage music." Then click on the "Apply" button.

Click on "Music" in the "Library" section on the left side of the iTunes window. All of your music files will appear in a list in the main section of the screen. You can select multiple files by holding down the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard.

Drag the selected songs onto the new iPod entry on the left of the iTunes window.

Wait for iTunes to copy the songs to your new iPod.

Click on the eject button beside your iPod entry in iTunes. Then disconnect your new iPod from the computer.

  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.