Considered the first phase of acne by medical practicioners, blackheads are little yellowish or blackish bumps embedded in your pores. Blackheads develop when skin produces too much oil and worsens with improper cleaning, dead skin build-up, make-up or the use of topical oils. When bacteria invades the pores, blackheads turn into pimples. Rubbing alcohol disinfects and dries out the excess oil in the area affected by blackheads. Baking soda cleans and exfoliates any build up of dead skin.
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Baking soda
- Boiled or purified water
- rubbing alcohol
- cotton balls
Wash your face or the affected area with a mild oil-free facial cleanser. Gently dry your face with a clean towel.
Put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. Gently apply the rubbing alcohol with the cotton ball to disinfect and dry out the area affected by blackheads. Avoid applying rubbing alcohol to areas that are dry, peeling or inflamed.
Boil half a cup of water to get rid of any impurities in the water source. Add half a cup of baking soda to it to make a paste. If you have a larger area affected by blackheads, remember that the paste should always be a 1 to 1 mixture. Let the mixture cool before applying to skin.
Apply the paste to your skin with your fingers. Avoid dry or inflamed areas and any open sores to prevent irritation. Let the paste dry into a hard mask consistency on your skin.
Scrub off the mixture to exfoliate your skin and leave it soft. Rinse your face in warm water.
Splash your face cold water to close your pores and reduce any redness.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Acne Talks: Blackhead removal at home - some time tested home remedies for your blackheads
- My Acne Treatment Review: Toothpaste and other home remedies for acne
- Healing from Home Remedies: Baking soda remedies can help save the environment and your money
- Medical News Today: What are blackheads? How to get rid of blackheads
- Just Pimple: 9 tips to get rid of blackheads