Carrot cake, a rich, moist dessert flavoured with grated carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts, features a creamy, white topping, often made with cream cheese. You can freeze carrot cake slices in airtight containers for several months. Wrapping carrot cake slices individually allows you to thaw slices one at a time, as needed.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Freezer-safe glass or plastic storage container
- Cling film
- Heavy-duty aluminium foil
- Freezer or masking tape
Slice the cake into individual pieces before freezing. Place the frosted cake slices in a freezer-safe glass or plastic storage container. Freeze the cake for two hours uncovered to allow the frosting to harden and set.
Remove the cake from the freezer. Place the cake slices on individual pieces of airtight cling film. Wrap the cling film around each cake slice tightly to prevent moisture from ruining the cake.
Wrap each slice of plastic wrap-covered cake in heavy-duty aluminium foil to create secure outer layers.
Freeze the carrot cake at -17.8 degrees Celsius for up to three months. To thaw the carrot cake, remove the wrapping materials and place the slices in a plastic or glass container. Allow the cake to thaw in a refrigerator overnight.
Tips and warnings
- Place a piece of masking or freezer tape featuring the storage date on each piece of cake as a handy reference.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for