Refilling the capsules of your Nespresso coffee machine can help you save money. Buying new Nespresso capsules is two to three times more expensive than refilling them with ground coffee. The process is not difficult.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Nespresso capsule
- Scissors or sharp knife
- Aluminium foil
- Ground coffee
Remove the aluminium seal of an empty Nespresso capsule with a pair of scissors or a sharp knife, by following the inner ring of the capsule.
Empty the capsule and wash it thoroughly with water.
Cut the aluminium foil in a square shape that's 45 by 45mm.
Refill the capsule with your chosen coffee blend. Make sure it is correctly filled--neither too tight nor too loose though, then simply wipe out any excess with the knife.
Cover the capsule evenly with the squared aluminium foil, then tuck it all around the border of the capsule.
Tips and warnings
- Dutch company Coffeeduck has created a refillable stainless steel capsule, called Coffeeduck Espresso cup, compatible with Nespresso coffee machines.
- French company Ne-Cap has created aluminium capsules that you can fill with your chosen coffee blends and use in Nespresso coffee machines.
- Make sure the capsule is not too full because the Nespresso machine will not function properly otherwise.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for