Quartz stones or crystals are valued for their many uses in items such as watches, clocks and jewellery. But, they can also be used to infuse water with negative ions, making the water healthier to drink. Many kinds of quartz crystals can be used for this purpose, including clear quartz, rose quartz, amethyst and citrine.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Glass container
- Quartz crystal
Fill a glass container with water that has been filtered or distilled to make it as pure as possible. Regular tap water often contains traces of minerals and chemicals that may react with the quartz crystal.
Wash a single quartz crystal in tepid water, as extreme temperatures can damage the crystal. After washing, allow it to dry.
Add the quartz crystal to your water, and let it sit for eight to 12 hours. You may also want to let the water sit under the sun or the moon for eight to 12 hours to further energise it. Just make sure the glass container has a lid to keep dirt, dust and bugs away. If there is no lid, simply cover the top with parchment paper.
You can enhance the process by encircling the container with six quartz crystals. Aside from having one quartz crystal inside the glass container, the six crystals surrounding it will further energise the water. Make sure the points of the crystals are facing the container.
Wait until the eight to 12 hours are over, and pour the water from the glass container into another container. Now, you can enjoy drinking your energised water. Repeat the process, as desired, using the cleaned glass container.
Tips and warnings
- If the weather does not permit you to put the water outdoors under direct sun or moon light, simply put it near a window where it can still receive direct sunlight or moon exposure.
- Buy your quartz stone from a trusted seller, since crystals containing copper or lead are not recommended for this use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for