Just like humans, dogs need high-quality food that contains protein, vitamins and minerals. These come from meat, vegetables and grains. That is what makes homemade chicken and rice dog food a nutritious choice for your dog, no matter the breed. Making homemade dog food can be quick and simple and provides an alternative to commercially made dry and canned dog food that contains artificial ingredients.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- 1 cup rice
Boil three boneless, skinless chicken breasts along with 1 cup of sliced carrots. Boil until the chicken is not pink on the inside. Chop the chicken into small pieces.
Cook 1 cup of rice according to the package directions. Microwaveable rice that comes in pouches is also a good choice and saves time.
Add the chopped chicken and carrots to the chopped chicken. Let cool. Serve to your dog. A typical serving size for a small dog it is 1/2 cup to 1 cup; for a medium-size dog it is 1 cup; for a big dog it is 1 1/2 to 2 cups, depending on your dog's activity level.
Tips and warnings
- Before beginning this type of feeding regiment with your dog, you should discuss it with your veterinarian.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for