Using the ruler feature within Microsoft Outlook helps you to precisely align text and images in your outgoing e-mail messages. You only need to switch on this feature once. Once activated, it appears when you compose any subsequent new mails or replies using the Outlook application.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Start Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
Click the "New Email" button on the top left of the Outlook window.
Locate the vertical scroll bar on the right of your new e-mail window.
Click the small "Ruler" icon at the top of the vertical scrollbar. The icon displays "View Ruler" if you hover the cursor over it. The ruler now appears at the top of your e-mail window.
Click the "Ruler" icon again if you wish to hide the ruler.
Tips and warnings
- Dragging the cursor from left to right along the ruler display allows you to set the margins for your e-mail.
- The ruler feature is only available on new outbound e-mails, replies and forwards. You cannot activate the ruler when reading incoming messages.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for