Clean your fabric vertical blinds to keep them looking nice and to reduce dust in your home. Well-maintained blinds keep the mechanics working properly by reducing build-up on the strings and gears. Regular cleaning of the fabric vertical blinds will also keep the fabric the same shade as when you purchased the blinds. Excessive dust and dirt build-up in the fabric fibres is difficult to clean and reduces your ability to keep your blinds looking their best.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Feather duster
- Vacuum with brush attachment
- Mild washing powder
Wipe all dust from the surface of the fabric vertical blinds with a clean feather duster. Shake the feather duster outside periodically to remove dust build-up.
Remove remaining dust from the blinds by running a vacuum with a brush attachment over the surface. The brush will loosen dust from the fibres for a better overall cleaning.
Spot clean any stains or marks by blotting with a towel moistened with warm water and mild washing powder. Blot with a dry towel to remove as much of the cleaning solution as possible. Avoid using hot water to prevent damaging the fabric.
Dust and vacuum the vertical blinds at least twice a month to keep them clean and to reduce dust build-up that darkens the fabric.
Tips and warnings
- Avoid using paper towels or other paper-based products when cleaning fabric vertical blinds. These products leave residue on the blinds, making them look dirty.
- Avoid submerging the blinds in water or a washing machine. This damages the fabric and structure of the blind panels.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for