In order to make racing games for the PC more realistic, many computer gamers choose to purchase a steering wheel attachment that sets up in front of their computer screens. To make the steering wheel more stable and realistic, gamers may also wish to mount it onto a hard surface of their custom design. This will allow users the ability to keep the steering wheel at the height they desire as well as allow them to clean it up quickly when it is not in use.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PC Steering Wheel with Clamp
- Computer desk or TV tray
Pick the right desk to mount your steering wheel on. This depends on the PC set-up you are utilising. If you will be viewing the game through a large screen, you can use a larger computer table and set it back a little from the TV. If you are using a small computer screen, you will need to clamp it directly on the computer desk you are using.
Clamp the PC steering wheel to mount it. Most PC steering wheel comes with clamps already in the packaging. (If yours does not, you will need to purchase a PC steering wheel clamp kit.) The clamp will easily attach to the bottom of the wheel by locking in. Mount the wheel on the table or desk you are using, and screw in the two arms on the bottom side of the clamp until it is flush against the table. Rock the wheel back and forth a bit to make sure it is stable.
Plug in your steering wheel into your PC. In most cases, the wheel will come with a USB plug that will connect directly to your computer. After your computer recognises the software, the steering wheel will be ready to use. Depending on the computer operating system you are running, you may need to restart your computer before it recognises the new PC steering wheel.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't want to place the steering wheel on the computer tray, you can also mount it to a piece of wood and simply place the piece of wood in front of the computer. This will stabilise the wheel and make it easier to use, while also allowing it to be easily stored when not in use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for