Whirlpool washers and dryers come with optional, separately purchased bases called pedestals. Pedestals raise the machines approximately 14 inches off the floor, making it easier to move laundry in and out of front-loading machines. Whirlpool pedestals have integrated drawers that provide extra laundry room storage. These drawers require removal when installing the pedestal and levelling or moving the washing machine.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phillips head screwdriver
Pull the drawer out of the pedestal as far as possible. Empty the drawer.
Locate the screws holding the drawer to the sliders. There should be one screw on each side.
Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove both screws.
Pull the drawer the rest of the way out of the pedestal.
Tips and warnings
- Keep the removed screws in a safe place for use when reinstalling the drawer.
- Make sure the pedestal is reassembled correctly and anchored to the washer before operating the machine.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for