Don´t just throw away the leftovers from your chicken dinner. You can use the bones for a craft project. Chicken bones are ideal for crafting because they are small and lightweight and can add amusing accessories to costumes. Make a necklace for a witch doctor costume or a bracelet for a cavewoman. Chicken bones add an extra touch of creativity. Learn how to prepare the bones for crafting and let your imagination run wild.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Paper towel
- Drill and drill bit
Remove all the meat from the chicken bones you wish to use. Pick leg bones, wing bones or bones about the size of a small finger.
Boil water in a medium-size pot.
Place the chicken bones in the boiling water for five to 10 minutes until the bones are completely clean and free of any meat particles.
Mix one part bleach to three parts water in a bowl. Place the chicken bones in the bleach-water bowl to kill any remaining bacteria. Allow to sit for five to 10 minutes.
Take the bones out of the bowl and place on a paper towel until they are completely dry.
Drill holes through the tops of all the bones with a small drill bit, an 11/32-inch bit for example. Use a drill bit appropriate for the type of string you wish to use.
Run the string through the bones to create a necklace or bracelet. Glue the bones to a hair pin to dress up a cavewoman costume.
Tips and warnings
- Buy rubber chicken bones from a craft store to increase your costume options.
- Twine and yarn are ideal strings for crafting with chicken bones.
- Wear protective goggles when operating a drill.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for