A skeleton is a figure that is characteristic of Halloween. You can create your own costume in the likeness of a skeleton using items found around your home.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Butcher paper
- Skeleton image, optional
- White contact paper
- Black sweatshirt
- Black sweatpants
- Black shoes
- Black gloves
- Black cold weather face mask
- Glow-in-the-dark paint, optional
Have the person who will be wearing the costume lie down on the butcher paper on his back side with his legs and arms extended. Draw an outline of his body with the pencil. Remove the person.
Draw the leg and arm bones in the spot within the outline where they will fall on the costume. Use a skeleton image if necessary. Draw the ribs, pelvic bones and shoulder blades onto the butcher paper. Draw the outline of the skull with spaces indicating the eyes and nose.
Cut out the bones you drew on the butcher paper. Use the cut out butcher paper for a stencil and trace the outlines of each bone and the skull on the contact paper. Cut these images out.
Place the sweatshirt and sweatpants on a flat surface. Arrange the skeleton bones in the correct places. Remove the protective film from the back of the contact paper cutouts, and press these down onto the clothing.
Put the skeleton suit on, along with the shoes and gloves. Lay the face mask on a flat surface and stick the contact paper cutout of the skull on the front leaving the holes for the mouth and eyes clear. Put the face mask on the person.
Tips and warnings
- Paint the contact paper cutouts with glow-in-the-dark paint for a glowing skeleton costume.
- Wear a dark coloured shirt and trousers instead of purchasing a black sweat shirt and trousers if you do not already own these.
- If you are missing a cold weather face mask, stick with black and white face paint for the skull.
- Make sure the person wearing the skeleton costume is not going to be overheated, opting for thinner material in warmer climates.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for