Poly-Filter is a reusable filter media used in mechanical filters for both freshwater and saltwater aquariums. It absorbs chemicals, toxic compounds and contaminants from the water as it passes through the filter. It also absorbs excess ammonia that the filter's biological filtration cannot handle. Poly-Filter can be trimmed to fit any filter type and can be reused as long as it has not turned permanently brown.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Distilled water
Remove the Poly-Filter media from your aquarium's filter.
Fill a clean bucket with enough distilled water to submerse your Poly-Filter.
Dip the Poly-Filter in the water and swish it around until it is white again to remove any organic materials.
Squeeze the Poly-Filter to remove excess water, and return it to the filter.
Tips and warnings
- Replace the Poly-Filter when the material turns brown and won't turn white after rinsing.
- Do not use bleach or chlorinated water to clean the Poly-Filter, as it will release toxic organic chemicals.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for