The citric acid in lemons encourages healthy digestion and stimulates stomach juices. Water flushes the body of toxins. Put the two together and you have what Theresa Cheung, author of "The Lemon Juice Diet," calls "...a natural powerhouse with an energising, tangy flavour." The boost to your body's digestive and detox systems can actually stimulate and speed your weight loss effort.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Raw honey (optional)
Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it when you wake up in the morning. Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning activates the digestive system.
Sip on lemon juice throughout the day by adding it to water and other beverages such as green tea. This will increase the detoxification process. Add raw honey to your lemon water if you prefer a sweeter taste.
Add lemon peel to your water by grating it or finely chopping it in a coffee grinder. Lemon peel contains pectin and is high in fibre. The pectin will reduce cravings and make you feel full.
Tips and warnings
- The Lemon Water Diet involves drinking a mixture of 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 2 tbsp organic maple syrup and 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper in 295ml. of water twice a day.
- It's important to speak to a physician before dieting. In addition to drinking lemon water throughout the day, you should also eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for