The Nintendo DS games "Pokemon Pearl" and "Pokemon Diamond" focus on training mythical animals called Pokemon to perform feats of strength and skill. Pokemon gain experience in different areas, and this experience is measured in EV, or Effort Values. EV are basically experience points in different areas such as strength and speed. Using an Action Replay cheat cartridge, it's possible to create in-game items that will artificially boost Pokemons' EV in a range of different areas.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- "Pokemon Pearl" or "Pokemon Diamond" cartridge
Insert your Action Replay DS into the Nintendo DS, and turn the system on.
Choose "Code Entry" from the Action Replay DS launch screen.
Enter the following code to create an item that will boost a Pokemon's maximum HP, or health:
Place the EV value you wish the item to have into the space marked [XX]. Give the item an EV boost of one to nine using the numeric codes "01" to "09," or add the maximum number of EV, 255, with the code "FF." For instance, for an EV boost of eight points to the Pokemon's HP, you'd use the code:
Tap "Confirm" to add the code into your cartridge.
Boost your Pokemon's Attack EV by inputting the following code:
Substitute your chosen value into the space marked [XX].
Boost your Pokemon's Defense EV with the following code, using the same substitution for the [XX] space as in previous steps:
Boost your Pokemon's Special Defense, which dictates its resilience to Special-class attacks, with the following code, once again inputting your chosen value into the [XX] space:
Raise your Pokemon's Special Attack EV level, which dictates its ability to unleash Special-class attacks, with this code:
Add the code with "Confirm."
Raise your Pokemon's Speed with the following code:
Add "01" to "09," or the maximum of "FF," to the "[XX]" space.
Exit the Code Entry screen, tap "Start" and insert "Pokemon Diamond" or "Pokemon Pearl."
Travel to the Department Store in Veilstone or the Battle Tower at the park in the northeast corner of the map.
Approach the shopkeeper, and purchase the EV modifying items, all of which will be clearly marked as such.
Give an item to the Pokemon whose EV you wish to raise to have that item immediately take effect.
Tips and warnings
- Codes are marked with quotation marks to denote when they start and end. These marks aren't part of the code themselves. Don't add them to the Code Entry screen.
- Check that you've entered the codes exactly as they appear before tapping "Confirm." Incorrectly entered codes can corrupt your saved game or even the Action Replay DS itself, requiring you to reset your cartridge and lose all of your codes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for