Your frigidaire electric oven has finished cooking your food, but it is not responding to your commands to shut itself off. It's sitting there, using up kilowatts or gas, while you try to remember where you put its owner's manual and wondering if this situation is going to end in an expensive service call. There are simple troubleshooting steps you can try to help you get your runaway oven under control.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Enter a bake time using the oven's front panel.
Press the "Keep Warm" button on the front display.
Do nothing for 25 seconds. The "Keep Warm" function clears from the oven's settings after that time.
Listen for the sound of the blower to shut off. A blower sometimes stays on after the oven turns off, to cool down the oven. Don't mistake the sound of the blower running for the oven being on, too.
Press the "Cancel" button to turn off the oven timer -- and the oven -- if you set it to a longer cooking time than needed and want to change it.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to keep the "Keep Warm" setting on your oven, simply press "Cancel" any time you want to turn off the oven after a cooking session.
- If emergency circumstances require the oven being turned off immediately, go to your circuit breaker box and flip the circuit that powers the stove. If you don't know which breaker tab powers the stove, flip the "Main" circuit breaker; that will turn off all the power in the home.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for