Peanut oil is an item that many shoppers do not look for when buying groceries. However, it is a healthier and a better product than most other oils. It is smoother than vegetable oil, and therefore the food cooked in peanut oil is less likely to burn. Peanut oil also retains more vitamins during cooking than other cooking oils. These advantages often are discounted because of the price, as peanut oil is more expensive than the other cooking oils. Remove this problem by making homemade peanut oil.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 3 cups shelled peanuts
- 3 tbsp warm water
Shell the peanuts and clean them in warm water.
Blend the peanuts in the blender with 3 tbsp of warm water until smooth like peanut butter.
Pour the peanut mixture into a bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours to allow the oil to rise. This should make 1 cup of oil.
Pour the oil into a colander over a bowl. This will separate the oil from the peanut mixture.
Pour the oil into a jar, close the jar with the lid, and keep refrigerated until used.
Tips and warnings
- Peanut oil is for baking. There are no additives needed.
- Use the leftover peanut mixture to make peanut butter.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for