Unsightly indentations often appear in the carpet when your furniture sits in the same position for long periods of time. The furniture flattens the carpet pile and the padding underneath. The carpet pile will rise eventually, but the dents may still be slightly visible when you move the furniture around. The pile needs to be revived with a fluffing motion to completely eliminate the dents. The operation will not require any specialist tools and only requires a few minutes work.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ice cubes
- Small scrubbing brush
Clear the furniture away from the carpet indents. A clear space will allow you to complete the task in a quicker time.
Put an ice cube in the middle of each indent.
Allow the ice cube to melt. The ice cube will slowly revive the carpet fibres as it melts.
Brush the carpet pile gently with a small soft bristled scrubbing brush. The carpet fibres will soon perk up and appear fluffy.
Allow the carpet pile to air dry before replacing the furniture.
Tips and warnings
- Open a door or window to ventilate the room which will allow the carpet pile to dry.
- Use a gentle brushing motion on the carpet fibres. Scrubbing too hard may cause damage to the fibres.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for