The ability to use images as spray paint "tags" in "Counter-Strike" has long been a feature of the game. Being able to place spray logos lets players mark walls on the game map with their game clan tags, custom graphics or other images that they choose. The game engine used by the original "Counter-Strike" can't place images into the game directly, so to put spray paint logos in "Counter-Strike" you have to use a converter to change the image to a type that is usable by the game.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- "Counter-Strike" Decal Converter
Launch the "Counter-Strike" Decal Converter program by double-clicking the "DecalConverter.exe" program.
Select the "Open" option from the Decal Converter's "File" menu. A new window will open, allowing you to browse for the image you want to convert. The program will open a preview of the spray image that will update as you make changes to it.
Decide whether you want your spray logo to have a transparent background or not. If you do, select the colour you want to make transparent (the background colour) and click the "Replace" button. The image preview will update to show the portions of the spray tag image that are set to be transparent in the game.
Click the "Max" buttons for both the "Width" and "Height" settings, or enter custom width and height values. Spray tags in "Counter-Strike" may not have either attribute set higher than 256, and each attribute is linked to the other in such a way that one must decrease as the other increases.
Select the "Make Decal" option from the "Decal" menu. Save your decal to your computer's Desktop or to the "SteamApps\counter-strike\cstrike" folder in your Steam directory. Change the name of the file to "tempdecal.wad", replacing the existing file by that name if one exists.
Launch "Counter-Strike" and join a game server. Aim at a nearby wall and press the "T" key on your keyboard; your custom spray paint logo will appear where you tagged the wall.
Tips and warnings
- For "Counter-Strike: Source," adding spray logos is much easier. Simply place the image you want to use as your spray logo in the "counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\VGUI\logos\" folder in the "SteamApps" directory. When in the game, open the options menu and click the "Import Spray" button on the "Multiplayer" tab. The game converts the image you select into a usable spray for you.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for