When you gain weight, your skin must stretch to accommodate the excess fat beneath its surface. After losing excess fat, your skin might remain stretched and appear loose, detracting from your aesthetic appearance. According to Daniel Yarosh, author of "The New Science of Perfect Skin," loose skin after weight loss is common and will tighten over time with proper care. Tightening loose skin on your abdominals is as easy as maintaining proper hygiene and pampering yourself regularly.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Vitamin E oil
- Aloe vera extract
- Sea salt
Exfoliate your stomach every day with a loofah when you shower. This will remove dead skin cells and increase circulation to the area. Increased circulation will help the loose skin regain elasticity and tighten over time.
Apply vitamin E oil to your stomach every day after you have exfoliated. Vitamin E oil increases collagen production and will help your skin tighten if applied regularly.
Apply aloe vera extract over your stomach each night before bed. Like vitamin E oil, aloe vera increases collagen production and will help tighten your skin.
Take a hot bath once weekly and add 2 cups of sea salt to the water. Sea salt removes excess fluid build-up from your entire body and helps to improve your skin's overall tone.
Tips and warnings
- To hide your loose skin and show off your figure, wear a slimming undergarment beneath your daily clothing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- "The New Science of Perfect Skin: Understanding Skin Care Myths and Miracles For Radiant Skin at Any Age"; Daniel Yarosh; 2008
- "The Japanese Skincare Revolution: How to Have the Most Beautiful Skin of Your Life"; Chizu Saeki; 2009
- "Your Skin, Younger: New Science Secrets to Reverse the Effects of Age"; Alan Logan, Phillip Levy and Mark Rubin; 2010