If it is large enough, making a walk-in closet into a dressing room makes sense for ease of getting ready and organising your home. With the choices in custom built-ins for clothes and shoes organisation, it will be easy to find drawers, cabinets and hanging solutions that fit your wardrobe. To free up space, these traditional items found in any closet should be organised on one side wall. The other side and back wall is where you will complete the transformation into a full-fledged dressing room.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wall make-up mirror with lights
- Jewellery box
- Decorative containers
- Full-length lighted mirror
- Dimmer switches
Place a vanity on the back wall. Hang a wall make-up mirror, with lights, above it.
Install shelving around the mirror to organise anything that cannot fit into the vanity's drawers. Use decorative containers to hold beauty products and hair accessories on the shelves.
Bring in a jewellery box that fits the space. Options include a traditional one that sits on top of the vanity or a lockable one, for your more valuable pieces, built into the wall.
Hang a full-length dressing mirror, or a couple of them if you have the space, with lights around it. If you opt to have two, hang one on the door and the other one on the side wall to enable you to see what an outfit looks like from different angles.
Put all of the lights on dimmer switches when you make a walk-in closet into a dressing room. Not only is this nice when you are not ready for complete brightness in the morning, it allows you to see your entire look in all the shades of day and night.
Tips and warnings
- When making a walk-in closet into a dressing room, add a small sink area for washing up if you have the space, especially if it is above or next to an existing bathroom or kitchen in your home. A plumber can easily access the plumbing if that is the case.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for