Create 3D character models using graphic software programs. There are several 3D creation software programs and plug ins that extend graphic programs. A basic understanding of how to create faces, bodies, buildings and other models using graphic software will help you begin developing the graphics in 3D. Creating 3D character models can be complicated and extensive.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 3D graphic software
Click "Start," hover your cursor over "All Programs," click the 3D graphic software folder or shortcut on your "Start Menu" to open the program.
Click "File," then "New" to begin a new design. Click "Tools" to select the "Pencil," "Circle," "Rectangle" or "Arc" tool.
Place your cursor at the point in the canvas where you wish to start drawing. Once you click and hold the mouse button, move the tool across the canvas to the desired size. Repeat for each aspect of the model you are creating.
Click the "Push/Pull" tool, place the cursor over the model you just drew, click and drag to create the 3D effect. Repeat for each part of the model until you are satisfied with the results.
Click the "Rotation" tool to observe each side of the 3D character model, making changes and adjustments where needed.
Tips and warnings
- Each 3D graphic program has a tutorial to help you learn the different tools available and to help you create more complicated character models.
- For more complicated 3D character models, you can download templates that will help you get started.
- Before you spend money on 3D graphics software or extensions try some of the free programs available. (See Resources)
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for