Placing a basket of towels in a spare or guest bathroom is an easy way to say welcome to any guest in your home. A simple wicker basket with some hand towels and face cloths placed strategically on the corner of a sink or vanity tells your guest that you care enough about their comfort to provide something special just for them. A few extras added to the basket gives that feeling of home that any traveller appreciates.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small wicker basket
- Hand towels
- Face cloths
- Decorative soap
- Small bottle of lotion
- Decorative flower
Pick out your wicker basket. The basket should be small and only 2 or 3 inches deep. This will fit well on most sinks and vanities without being overlarge and crowding the area.
Fold the towels. The face cloths can be folded in half, and then in half again to form a small square. Fold one hand towel the same way. A second hand towel can be folded into a fan shape by laying it out lengthwise and making a series of small folds starting at one long side. Fold it back and forth like an accordion. When done, fold in half so both ends are facing up. Tie the ribbon around the towel about halfway up. Place a decorative flower under the ribbon and tucked into the folds of the towel.
Place the folded face cloths and hand towel inside the basket to one side with the hand towel on the bottom and the face cloths on top. Place the fan-folded towel at the back standing up and facing forward so the flower is in front.
Place decorative soaps and small bottles of lotion in the empty section of the basket. Tuck another stem of the decorative flower through the wicker basket so the flower nestles against the outside corner near the soaps.
Tips and warnings
- Provide at least one face cloth and hand towel per person per day of their visit.
- Use decorative bottles that can be refilled for the lotion.
- Add small bottles of shampoo and conditioner to a guest bathroom for long-distance travellers.
- Use hypoallergenic soaps and lotions for guests to avoid allergic reactions.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for