Mahjong Titans is a one-player game that Microsoft introduced to Windows Vista users. It was also bundled with the new Windows 7 package because of its popularity. Mahjong Titans is a type of solitaire that uses tiles as opposed to cards. The objective of Majong Titans is to eliminate all of the tiles from the board. You do this by finding matching pairs of free tiles. Free tiles are any tiles that are unblocked on at least one side. Once all the tiles are gone, you win. To beat the game, all you need to do is use a few simple techniques.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Review all possible moves. Winning Mahjong Titans requires strategy and critical thinking. Think of all the possible outcomes because the next match may not lead you to a win.
Observe the covered tiles to decide which match is best. Some tiles will be hard to uncover if you miss the chance. Try to uncover them as soon as possible.
Inspect all of the tiles and review them carefully. Each tile usually has two pairs, so if you see all matches for a specific tile they will be easy. Try to get rid of tiles with buried matches to create more possible moves.
Aim for wind tiles because there are only a limited amount of those. Do your best to eliminate them early on in the game.
Eliminate the first top two tiers quickly because working on all four tiers makes it harder to win. When there are four tiers in the game, at least 30 per cent of the tiles are still buried.
Tips and warnings
- Try for combination bonuses to get a few extra points.
- To increase your score, match special tiles among other free Mahjong tiles. This gains more points than ordinary tiles.
- Avoid using Undo in the game as much as possible to have bigger points. But if it’s the only tool for you to finish the game, use it.
- Mahjong Titans has different layouts. One strategy may not work on all boards. Try to have a different approach for each layout.
- If you focus too much on getting a high score, you may compromise actually finishing the game.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for