While it may be comfortable to apply fingernail polish when sitting on a mattress, you're also more likely to spill it as you shift positions. However, you can remove most fingernail polish stains from mattresses with the right combination of tools and techniques.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White cloths
- Eye dropper
- Fingernail polish remover with acetone
- Dry cleaning solvent
- Hydrogen peroxide, optional
Blot the stain with a clean white cloth to remove excess liquid.
Place a few drops of fingernail polish remover containing acetone directly onto the stain with an eye dropper. Blot the area immediately with a clean area of the cloth.
Add a few drops of dry cleaning solvent onto the polish stain using the eye dropper. Blot immediately with the white cloth.
Repeat step three if the stain remains.
Dab the area with a sponge dampened in cold water. Blot dry once more.
Tips and warnings
- For light-coloured mattresses, you can also use a few drops of hydrogen peroxide if the dry-cleaning solvent didn't totally remove the stain.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for