The value of a colour refers to how light or dark the colour is, and it is easy to change the value of any colour you like. If you find yourself with a shade of green that isn't as dark as you want, there is no need to return to the paint store; adjust the colour yourself.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Green paint
- Black paint
- Paint palette
- Paint brush or mixing stick
Place the amount of green paint needed for your project on a paint palette.
Add a small amount of black paint to the green and mix thoroughly with a paint brush or mixing stick. Your green paint will become darker.
Add more black paint and mix thoroughly again until you reach the desired shade.
Tips and warnings
- Add black paint a little bit at a time so that you don't create a shade darker than you wanted.
- If your paint becomes too dark, add more green to lighten it.
- A colour wheel is a useful tool to have when mixing paint.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for