Key lime pie is made with fresh key lime juice, egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk. The pie features a smooth, custard-style consistency and a refreshing sweet-tart taste. Key lime pie, which is typically made in a graham cracker crust, is topped with a generous portion of whipped cream. Although the pie is simple to make, it has a rich flavour. Decorate a pale yellow key lime pie with fresh lime slices to add a bright pop of colour to the dessert.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- One cup of heavy whipping cream
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or metal whisk
- 1 or 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Pastry bag with a large star-shaped tip
- Key or regular Persian limes
- Sharp carving knife
Beat 1 cup of double cream in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer or a metal whisk. Add 1 or 2 tbsp of granulated sugar and beat the whipped cream until soft peaks form.
Spoon the whipped cream into a pastry bag. Top the bag with a large star-shaped tip.
Decorate the entire top of the key lime pie with dollops of star-shaped whipped cream.
Cut regular Persian or key limes into thin slices using a sharp carving knife. Cut the slices in half, forming half-moon shapes.
Place the lime slices, rind-side up, around the perimeter of the pie, nestling them between the whipped cream and the crust. Each pie slice will feature at least one or two lime slices as a vibrant garnish.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for