You've purchased your tickets for that great new musical in New York City. Ticketmaster sold you the tickets, guaranteeing their validity and approved price. However, two weeks before the event, you find better tickets on the Ticketmaster website. Now you are wondering if you can upgrade your tickets so you can see the show on a weekend or from better seats. As part of its "Fan Guarantee," Ticketmaster says "yes."
- Skill level:
Check the list of participating venues on the Ticketmaster website. These venues allow a refund of your original tickets up until one week before the event if you buy new tickets of equal or greater value from Ticketmaster.
Find the tickets to which you would like to upgrade on the Ticketmaster website. Use the search form to do this quickly. Following the prompts, purchase the new tickets.
Request a refund for the unwanted tickets through your Ticketmaster.com account. If your venue is on the list of participating sites, you should be able to obtain a refund.
Tips and warnings
- Have your credit card or other purchasing information available before you start the process.
- If you run into problems, contact the Ticketmaster help line at 1-800-653-8000.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for