If you struggle to find time for regular outdoor exercise--or if you live in a harsh winter climate--a stationary bicycle provides a no-excuse, quick and convenient way to get a cardiac work out in your home, year-round. The Energetics CT 3.1 magnetic indoor bike is a quiet, easy-to-use model. During each exercise session, it will keep track of your speed and the distance you have ridden, as well as your heart rate and the calories you have burnt. With eight different magnetic tension settings, you are in control of your fitness regimen.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Adjust the seat and handgrips of your Energetics CT 3.1 bike. Make sure that your posture allows for vigorous pedalling without undue strain on your legs or lower back. An uncomfortable bike will not make you eager to exercise again.
Turn on the bicycle and set the tension at the lowest or second-lowest level at first. You can easily increase it as you become accustomed to the amount of resistance in the pedals. The more tension, the better the exercise. Keep in mind that your Energetics CT 3.1 works by magnetic resistance in order to measure your exertion, both cardiac and muscular. Its electronic control panel is ideal for changing the level of difficulty as you go.
Hold the handlebars firmly and consistently so that the orange pulse grips can measure your heart beat accurately. You may wish to check with your doctor or nurse practitioner to determine your optimum heart rate for an effective cardiovascular workout.
Increase and maintain your heart rate at either your medically-determined level or at the level that you wish to burn calories. Do not go beyond a reasonable comfort level as you learn the eight possible settings for your Energetics CT 3.1 indoor bike. Its magnetic capabilities allow it to provide as rigorous a workout as you could possibly want, but you need to build up to it, over time.
Decrease the tension in the pedals as you wind down. You risk injury to your feet or ankles if you try to come to a screeching halt on a stationary bike, since there are no brakes, as there are on a regular bike. The controls are all at your fingertips on the electronic console.
Tips and warnings
- Although fitness experts say that exercising on a treadmill burns more calories than an indoor bicycle, biking is less stressful for knees, ankles and feet. You can more easily injure yourself on a treadmill than a stationary bike where you have hand control of the speed and intensity at all times.
- You will enjoy your indoor bicycle more if you have a music source or TV nearby to help establish a rhythm to your pedalling or something interesting to watch while you exercise. The one disadvantage of a stationary bike is that it can be tedious without scenery.
- The Energetics CT 3.1 magnetic indoor bike allows you to have manual control of speed and intensity at all times. Do not continue to exercise if you experience chest pains or discomfort beyond normal exertion in other parts of your body, especially in your knees or back.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for