There are only a few methods available to darken eye colour. One popular and fairly simple way to darken the eye is by wearing contact lenses. Using contact lenses to darken eyes is temporary, and it gives individuals time to decide if they wish to proceed in having surgery to change the colour of the iris. Surgery is typically a last resort and used by those with two different coloured eyes or a lack of eye colour, though it is a cosmetic option.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Contact lens prescription
- Coloured contact lenses
Visit a doctor in order to obtain a contact lens prescription. This is necessary under U.S. law for people with impaired vision or those wishing to purchase coloured contact lenses that do not have a need for corrective lenses.
Place an enhanced or coloured contact lens over the iris to make it appear darker. Enhanced tints typically make the already existing eye colour a shade darker. Pearlescent lenses also fall in this category, and they add sparkle to the eye.
Place a colour tinted contact lens over the iris for an even bigger change in iris colour. Colour tints are more solid shades that can completely change eye colour. There are a variety of colour tints to choose from. Costume contact lenses are in the category of colour tints, and these are the lenses that look very striking and are often used in movies or performances.
Tips and warnings
- While contacts can be obtained without a prescription, remember that there is a purpose behind seeing an eye doctor before wearing contacts. A person selling contacts without verifying a prescription is breaking the law. There is a risk of blindness and eye injury from using contacts, and a doctor should be consulted first.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for