Grillz are a type of teeth grills, which are dental pieces usually made of gold, silver or platinum that may be adorned with some kind of gem stone. Grills are worn over the teeth and are usually custom-fitted to your mouth. Grillz Fixing Bars are inserted into metal teeth grills to secure them to your teeth. Fixing bars ensure a tight and secure fit without custom moulding. Grillz Fixing Bars can be used repeatedly, making it easy to take your grills in and out. They are designed to meld to your teeth and cause no pain to your gum.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hot water
Bend one of your grills to adjust it. Curve the grill inward so it mimics the curve of your teeth.
Bend out the hooks on the bottom, inner side (the side that fits over the back of your teeth) of the grill.
Place the fixing bar into the middle of the grill (where your teeth would be inserted) and press down lightly.
Pick up the grill with the fixing bar inserted using clean tweezers and then place the grill and fixing bar into a glass of hot water. The water should be between 73.9 and 79.4 degrees Celsius. Do not insert the grill or fixing bar into boiling water.
Allow the grill to sit in the hot water until the fixing bar turns clear. Remove the grill and fixing bar with the tweezers. Shake off excess water inside the grill.
Stand in front of a mirror so you can see your mouth. Slip the grill over your teeth and push gently in place.
Adjust your grill until it fits without feeling loose or uncomfortable. The perfect fit is not too tight or too loose and should not cause you any discomfort in your teeth or gum. You may have to bend your grill in or out slightly or apply slight pressure to it in order for it to fit just right.
Allow the fixing bar to harden in place. This should take a few minutes. You may have to repeat these steps to soften the fixing bar if you remove the grill in order to secure it in place again.
Tips and warnings
- Rinse your mouth grills and the fixing bars in cold, soapy water after each use to destroy possible bacteria.
- Remove your mouth grills when eating or sleeping. They are intended for appearance or entertainment purposes and not for permanent wear.
- Fixing bars can be reused numerous times. Insert in hot water to soften the bar once more and reinsert into your mouth.
- Don't use harsh cleaners or solvents on your grills or the fixing bar.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for