Instead of purchasing a commercial weed killer from the store, you can kill the weeds with a salt water solution. The right proportion of salt and water will effectively kill the weeds if you apply it properly. The homemade solution will save you money and it will protect the environment from harsh commercial chemicals. Apply the salt solution sparingly to protect any vegetation around the weeds.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Table salt
- Warm water
- Spray bottle or garden sprayer
Combine one part of table salt with two parts of warm water in a large bucket. Stir the salt so that it dissolves in the water.
Pour the salt water into a spray bottle or garden sprayer. Spray the solution over the leaves and bottom of the weeds that you wish to kill.
Wait one week before you apply the solution again. If the weeds have a yellow and wilted appearance, then the solution is working effectively. Apply the solution to the weeds again if they still remain green and healthy.
Tips and warnings
- Apply the solution to the weeds carefully because it can kill other vegetation around the weeds. The salt water can also travel into the soil, which can make it unsuitable for planting vegetation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for