Delphi GMC radios are protected by TheftLock, which activates when the battery power is removed (like when the radio is unplugged). This prevents anyone from using your car's radio if it is stolen. However, it is possible you might accidentally trigger TheftLock yourself, leaving you unable to use the radio. Normally, you need to take your car to your auto dealer to unlock the radio. Before doing so, try unlocking it yourself.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Security code
Turn the car on but keep the radio off. Press the "minute" button on the radio's faceplate until "000" appears on the radio's display.
Release the "minute" button, then start pressing it again until the last two digits on the radio's display match the last two digits of your radio's security code. You can look for the security code in your car's owner's manual, as dealers usually write this code down on the first or last page of the manual.
Press the "hour" button until the first two digits on the display match the first two digits of your security code.
Press the "AM/FM" button. The display should read "SEC," which means the radio functions the next time it is turned on.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not know the security code, you must go to your auto dealer and have them obtain the code from Delphi Delco Electronics.
- If this process does not work, the radio may be protected by a newer version of TheftLock. If so, the only way to unlock the radio is to visit your dealer and request they unlock it. They may charge you for this service.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for