Circular windows can make a quirky focal feature and a complementary covering will help to enhance them. Up until recently you were more likely to find oddly shaped windows in older-style homes, but recently, speciality shaped windows have had a resurgence in popularity. Decide how much you want to spend on your round window covering and what kind of an impact you want to make. Options exist for all budgets and imaginations. Many professional window covering companies exist to provide the solution for you or, if you have artistic leanings, spend a few hours and a little money to make the window dressing yourself.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Give your circular window a stained-glass effect. Call in stained-glass artisans for the real thing, or cover the glass with window clings, which are a budget-conscious alternative. Window clings are made of a film that sticks to windows without adhesive, leaving no sticky residue. Alternatively, cover the window with a piece of perspex - an acrylic material in the form of see-through sheeting. Caulking crossed over the perspex can be used to create the effect of lead piping, or translucent paints handed to children along with the perspex can result in some heartwarming designs.
Order custom-made wooden shutters if you want to have access to the view from your circular window. You can shut them when you need privacy, or for security when leaving the house. Circular shutters can be custom made to fit your round windows, or ordinary-shaped louvred shutters of an appropriate size can cover your round window effectively as well.
Cover your round window with square slatted blinds to create a geometric design that mixes curves and lines for a stunning overall effect. You can buy custom-made circular wooden slatted blinds if you prefer the blinds to fit the shape of the window, or simple rectangular or square blinds will also work.
Tips and warnings
- The key to effectively covering circular windows is to keep the dressing neat and crisp. Complicated ruffles and ill-defined lines will lessen the impact of your round window.
- If you allow children to use translucent paints, supervise them and make sure they wash their hands well afterward. The paints are not specifically designed for children to use safely. Don't allow very small children to use these paints.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for