If you have a Lexmark C530 Color Laser Printer, eventually you will see the "PC Unit Life Warning" error message on the display screen. This message simply means you need to change the photoconductor, or toner, for a particular colour ink in the printer.
After you replace the toner, though, the error message will not go away on its own. You must reset the "life," or page, count in the printer configuration menu before the machine will return to normal operation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn the C530 printer off and then back on again. Wait for the printer to initialise and the "PC Unit Life Warning" message to display.
Press the up or down arrow buttons on the face of the printer until the "Supplies Menu" option displays on the screen. Press the button labelled with a check-mark to access the "Supplies Menu."
Press the down arrow button to scroll through the list of options in the "Supplies Menu" until you reach the "Replace Supply" value, then press the check-mark button.
Press the down arrow key again to scroll through the "Replace Supply" menu options. When you reach the "PC Unit" value for the toner colour you changed, press the check-mark button.
Press the down arrow button again to select the "Yes" option, then press the check-mark button to disable the error-warning message on the printer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Lexmark Support: "84 <Color> PC Unit Life Warning" Message on the Lexmark C530, C532 or C534 Color Laser Printer
- Lexmark Support: Resetting the Maintenance Page Counter
- Lexmark Support: C530, C532, and C534 User's Guide
- Lexmark Support: C530, C532, and C534 Menus and Messages Guide
- FixYourOwnPrinter.com: Lexmark Maintenance Message Reset Methods